Wednesday, May 22, 2013

DIY- The Great Gatsby Headband for Cheap!!!

When I watched The Great Gatsby couple weeks ago I was amazed with fabulous art deco headpiece.


When I came home I looked up the headband and I was shocked after realizing how expensive this headpiece actually is. At Etsy, the price for this headpiece range from $150 to $600. Who would pay that much money just for a headband?...I absolutely will not!

So I looked at the headband closely and there is nothing to it...I am so inspired by this band and I believe you all can make it at home for so much less and it will be more wearable :)

You will need-
1 Lace Headband (preferably embroidered with pearls and stones)--You can easily find this hair accessory on Ebay for $1-$2

1 Pearl button












1 Pearl/Stone brooch--Easily available on Ebay price starting from $0.01

3 Beads Strands (Pearl/rhinestones)-1-2 inches long depending on how much dangling you like!

All you have to do is stitch the button on the top of headband, and brooch and 3 beads on the bottom side. All three (button, brooch and strands) should sew together...you can decide the side, left or right, according to your preference.

You can get the similar looking headband for so cheap....probably under $5. You can play with colors, textures, and even style. Easy peasy lemon squeezy! :D

Oh before ordering any of the products needed/mentioned for this DIY online, make sure to check your local thrift store. What place can be better to find vintage accessories than thrift stores!

Have fun styling it!


No comments:

Post a Comment